You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t want the pictures I take on my iPhone to go to my iPad also. I tried setting up a separate iCloud account but if I delete a pic on iPad it is gone off my phone also

I don’t want the pictures I take on my iPhone to go to my iPad also. I tried setting up a separate iCloud account but if I delete a pic on iPad it is gone off my phone also

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 8:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 2:51 AM

Do you want your iPhone photo’s to be available in iCloud - where they can be accessed by other devices - or stored just on your iPhone?

If you want your iPhone photos to be stored on the iPhone and iCloud - but not on your iPad:

• iPhone: Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos - set to ON
  • iPad: Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos - set to OFF

If you want your iPhone photos to be stored on just iPhone and not iCloud:

• iPhone: Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos - set to OFF
  • iPad: Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos - set to OFF

In both cases, as Photos in iCloud is disabled for the iPad, your iPad photos will only be available on the iPad itself.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2022 2:51 AM in response to Ferdandez

Do you want your iPhone photo’s to be available in iCloud - where they can be accessed by other devices - or stored just on your iPhone?

If you want your iPhone photos to be stored on the iPhone and iCloud - but not on your iPad:

• iPhone: Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos - set to ON

If you want your iPhone photos to be stored on just iPhone and not iCloud:

• iPhone: Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos - set to OFF

In both cases, as Photos in iCloud is disabled for the iPad, your iPad photos will only be available on the iPad itself.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.