You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard sticking?

I have had a problem with the keyboard sticking or repeating letters intermittently for several years, the left shift key finally broke off. I have had to use 2 finger force for at least a year to get the key to work. Apple Genius bar has told me that it will cost $478 for a new keyboard!!! Long story short, I read on Apple support for keyboards (after I returned home) that my Mac was eligible for a free fix. Why would they not tell me this? Has anyone else had this happen?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 5:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 6:34 AM

Hi,

Apple offer keyboard service program, though Apple Say:

"The program covers eligible MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit."

Just wonder if your MacBook Pro suits this statement.

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 26, 2022 3:24 AM in response to kaz-k

I really don't know the purchase date but the model is MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2017 so it does't fall within the 4 year window. I guess my next question would be, why does a million or billion dollar company not fix obvious flaws in their product? Car makers are required to fix "recalls" indefinitely!

keyboard sticking?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.