You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios edit text

When editing a misspelled word, I’ll do a quick tap in space to right of the letter I want to eliminate. Backspace once. Then I enter correct letter. Since iOS update 13.1.2, unable to edit, only to delete. 

NOW: When I tap on word, it highlights the whole word.. no matter how much I tap, it continues to highlight whole word. Only option is to highlight>delete whole word> rewrite correct word.

Thanks for reading

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 14

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 8:52 AM

5 replies

Oct 21, 2022 10:23 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks very much ChrisJ4203. That's what I needed.

I did search (obviously ineffectively) and I did find my question. But Apple closed the conversation before anyone posted the answer. I guess this gets deleted by the mod now (as was part of my original post) because it's critical of the perfect Apple Inc! Or perhaps I get banned for criticising Apple three times in one day? I wouldn't be surprised :-)

ios edit text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.