You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple celebrates 10 years of Apple Pay. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Card number

A refund is going to be refunded to an Apple card with a number I don’t recognize or have. I have a new phone and it says my card number is specific to this phone. How often does my Apple Pay card number change?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 1:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 6:34 PM

Your physical card has a number, there is a virtual card in your wallet with a different number, and the Apple Card used by the wallet for Apple Pay has a number. Your device number obfuscates your actual card number on all of your cards in the wallet. The virtual and physical card number can change whenever you need to change either

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2022 6:34 PM in response to Deniseinshelby

Your physical card has a number, there is a virtual card in your wallet with a different number, and the Apple Card used by the wallet for Apple Pay has a number. Your device number obfuscates your actual card number on all of your cards in the wallet. The virtual and physical card number can change whenever you need to change either

Card number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.