You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Notify" is damaged and can't be opened.

After downloading the macOS Ventura 13.0 earlier today, I started getting a notification that stated that ""Notify" is damaged and can't be opened." The notification started when my computer restarted after downloading macOS Ventura 13.0 and continued to appear after I restarted my computer. The only options I can click are "Show in Finder" or "OK." If I select the first, it opens Finder to Notify but then the same notification appears. If I click "OK" then the notification reappears in a few seconds.

I know I could simply delete the application, but I am worried about losing some function on my Mac. Is there anyway to fix the damage, should I delete the file, or is there a different solution?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 3:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 5:38 PM

I just updated to macOS Ventura today and I am getting that same "Notify" message. I have tried restarting my computer but I can't get it to go away. Like EWT2 mentioned above, I click "OK" and it goes away for maybe one second and then it pops back up in the middle of my screen and I cannot get rid of it.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 4, 2022 5:38 PM in response to EWT2

I just updated to macOS Ventura today and I am getting that same "Notify" message. I have tried restarting my computer but I can't get it to go away. Like EWT2 mentioned above, I click "OK" and it goes away for maybe one second and then it pops back up in the middle of my screen and I cannot get rid of it.

Oct 25, 2022 6:08 PM in response to EWT2

I began macOS Ventura 13.0 a couple of days ago and when I attempted to open Claris FileMaker after a restart the same message popped up. However, I bypassed the warning and opened the application anyway and it functioned fine and has continued to work, without any more of those warnings, ever since. Further, I have seen no other warnings about damaged applications.

"Notify" is damaged and can't be opened.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.