You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DCR TVR 350 video camera to mac Book pro w/ Final Cut Pro?

Has anyone got a sony DCR TVR 350 video camera to work sending DV out to a mac Book pro running Final Cut Pro?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 5:47 PM

9 replies

Oct 26, 2022 11:26 AM in response to Alchroma

I haven't done this yet, waiting on a DV to Firewire cable for the type of connector on older Mac Book Pro.

I understand that I may need a driver from SONY for a Mac. I checked with SONY, the only driver available is for iMovie.

So even if I get the cable and do all the set-up correctly, I do not expect it to work.

Unless someone has a direct solution, I will probably have to import my DVR camera video to a PC running Win XP using

Windows Movie Maker [ which produces .wmv the files]. Then I will FlashDrive that video to the Mac and run

"Free MP4 Converter" app to produce an .MP4 video file that Final Cut Pro recognizes.

I am open to a more direct solution. Thanks JG

DCR TVR 350 video camera to mac Book pro w/ Final Cut Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.