You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switched off Bluetooth accidentally

In a classic senior moment, I switched off Bluetooth (with my bluetooth only Magic Mouse). Keyboard still works; cursor is stuck in the upper left corner of the screen.

System is a 2019 iMac 21 w/ intel processors, running Monterey, updated this morning.

Have powered completely off several times. Reboot opens several previously open windows which I can do nothing with without the mouse. I've also tried holding the command, option, P &R keys while powering up which appears to have worked several years ago.

Any suggestions will be most welcome.

All the Best,

Steve

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 8:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 2:02 AM

you can try

macos - How to enable Bluetooth in Mac with shortcut or command line? - Super User

or you can temporar connect any old usb mouse and use that to reenable bluetooth

Turn Bluetooth on or off on Mac - Apple Support (IN)

1 reply

Switched off Bluetooth accidentally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.