You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB-C hub doesn’t works with iPadOS 16.1

I have the a usb-c hub and doesn’t works either with usb ports or HDMI. I tried with iPad Pro M1(2021) and the new iPad Air (2022).

The hub doesn’t works with any of the capabilities (USB-C/USB/HDMI).

All this happened when I upgrade both to iPadOS 16.1

Please help!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 11:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 6:22 PM

After ANY iOS/iPadOS upgrade/update, you should ALWAYS perform a simple hard reset of your Apple mobile device.

For iPad models with a Home button, do a simple hard reset/forced restart of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

OR

For much newer design iPad models, without a Home button, try the new simple hard reset/forced restart procedure for the new 2018-2022 iPad Pros, 2020/21 iPad Air 4 and 5 and 2021 iPad Mini 6 models.

1. Press and release the volume button closest to the top Power button

2. Then immediately press and release the volume button farthest from the top Power button.

3. Then, press and hold the top single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018-2022 iPad will boot up completely to the iPad’s Lock screen.

Best of Luck to You!

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2022 6:22 PM in response to El_Nené

After ANY iOS/iPadOS upgrade/update, you should ALWAYS perform a simple hard reset of your Apple mobile device.

For iPad models with a Home button, do a simple hard reset/forced restart of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

OR

For much newer design iPad models, without a Home button, try the new simple hard reset/forced restart procedure for the new 2018-2022 iPad Pros, 2020/21 iPad Air 4 and 5 and 2021 iPad Mini 6 models.

1. Press and release the volume button closest to the top Power button

2. Then immediately press and release the volume button farthest from the top Power button.

3. Then, press and hold the top single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018-2022 iPad will boot up completely to the iPad’s Lock screen.

Best of Luck to You!

Oct 26, 2022 3:17 PM in response to El_Nené

I am experiencing this also on and iPad Pro 11 inch 2021 with iPad OS 16.1. I believe is is dependent on the age of the USB device. I have a new Anker iPad Dock that works fine, and I have a relatively new HooToo USB Hub that works fine. However, I have an older Anker USB Hub and a Dell monitor (running USB-C to HDMI cable) that no longer are recognized by the iPad and both of these previously worked fine, prior to updating to iPad OS 16.1.

Is this a known issue that will be addressed, or will it be necessary to purchase new hardware?

Oct 26, 2022 3:27 PM in response to El_Nené

Does your USB-C hub’s manufacturer explicitly state that your hub is compatible with your iPad? While many USB-C hubs will be usable (at least in part) with your iPad, some are not suitable - and may not work at all in some circumstances. Third-party Hubs that state compatibility with iPad and Apple devices are generally much more reliable than those that don’t.

That aside, there does appear to be a problem with HDMI adapters after updating to iPadOS 16.1 - this being common complaint observed over recent days. It is perhaps reasonable to assume that there is currently a bug affecting HDMI connectivity that will hopefully be addressed soon.

In the meantime, you might consider contacting Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also consider submitting a bug report via Apple’s Product Feedback portal. If you do submit a report, please ensure that you include details of your iPad model in the body text of your report - along with details of your hub/adapter:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Every report counts - as until (or if) Apple receives a sufficient number of reports, resources might not be assigned to investigate and correct the issue.

USB-C hub doesn’t works with iPadOS 16.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.