You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPad Mini 6 will not allow me to send or receive texts/messages from those who do not have an Apple product, help how do I make this work? It works on my iPhone and old iPad, why not the iPad Mini 6?

My new iPad Mini 6 will not allow me to send or receive texts/messages from those who do not have an Apple product, help how do I make this work? It works on my iPhone and old iPad, why not the iPad Mini 6?

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 1:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 3:52 PM

If you have an iPhone - and both iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID - to send SMS/MMS messages (green bubbles) from your iPad you must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your iPad on your iPhone...

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your new iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2022 3:52 PM in response to Ldevo

If you have an iPhone - and both iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID - to send SMS/MMS messages (green bubbles) from your iPad you must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your iPad on your iPhone...

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your new iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.