You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer options not saved as preferences in Ventura

As of OS Ventura installed, my printer preferences are not saved any more. I can save for instance my tray preferences as tray one, two and three, but when I choose these presets, print screen only chooses the default values. I talked to a senior advisor at Apple yesterday and he has noted this issue and could see for himself what the issue was by screen sharing. I hope that ths issue will be solved as this was a very usefull was to choose trays, or, as I know peaople use ttis for choosing not to print in color but grayscale

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 4:49 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 27, 2022 5:41 AM in response to peterpaulfromvenlo

peterpaulfromvenlo wrote:

Solve printer problems is an item for onley Monterey, not Ventura. I will send some feedback to Apple, more people than me alone will have these same problems I think. Print dialog had changed completely. Two options are now for saving. The Apple advisor could not explain the diffence between the two options

? How so...(?)

deleting the printer and reinstalling it using Auto Select for the drivers, not much is changed here forever...

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

Oct 27, 2022 5:15 AM in response to peterpaulfromvenlo

peterpaulfromvenlo wrote:

As of OS Ventura installed, my printer preferences are not saved any more. I can save for instance my tray preferences as tray one, two and three, but when I choose these presets, print screen only chooses the default values. I talked to a senior advisor at Apple yesterday and he has noted this issue and could see for himself what the issue was by screen sharing. I hope that ths issue will be solved as this was a very usefull was to choose trays, or, as I know peaople use ttis for choosing not to print in color but grayscale

Solve printing problems on Mac

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Oct 27, 2022 5:49 AM in response to leroydouglas

This page on solving printer problems is not ready for us a Dutch users. Yes, I already removed the printer and added it again, of course. But saving presets oin printinmg has pretty much changed, as you can see. I am an eperienced user for may years now, since 1984, so I that I know how to handle problems but even the Apple advisor could not help me. Je had not seen these changed print screen before. Strange that he could not reproduce this ussue by himself using a Mac with ventura on it...

Printer options not saved as preferences in Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.