You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't scroll PDF using apple Pencil 2nd generation in my iPad Pro M1

I can't scroll PDF using 2nd generation pencil in my iPad Pro M1, disable markup tools doesn’t seems to work. Is there any way to scroll using only pencil while can enable when I needed to write or draw something and disable after that or is just finger only way to scroll? Whenever I try to scroll using pencil it draw lines and tried switching to eraser still not working, and disable also didnt work, is it just for everyone or am I missing something. Any helps is appreciated.

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 5:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 6:33 AM

A settings is available that limits the Pencil gestures for drawing - and finger gestures for scrolling - this being intended to avoid scrolling gestures creating unintended marks/edits on a markup page.

Settings > Pencil > Only Draw with Apple Pencil

Disabling this setting removes this isolation - and both finger and Pencil will draw.

There isn’t a setting that explicitly enables scrolling with the Pencil when using markup tools.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 28, 2022 6:33 AM in response to Imtiyas

A settings is available that limits the Pencil gestures for drawing - and finger gestures for scrolling - this being intended to avoid scrolling gestures creating unintended marks/edits on a markup page.

Settings > Pencil > Only Draw with Apple Pencil

Disabling this setting removes this isolation - and both finger and Pencil will draw.

There isn’t a setting that explicitly enables scrolling with the Pencil when using markup tools.

I can't scroll PDF using apple Pencil 2nd generation in my iPad Pro M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.