You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer not Connecting after Ventura 13.0 Upgrade

I have a HP 5530 series printer that has worked perfectly for years.

Today I downloaded Ventura 13.0 and my MacBook Pro laptop says it can't communicate with the printer although it knows it is there. So I am unable to print.

(Printer still works from my iPad and iPhone)

Anyone else had a problem?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 1:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 3:35 PM

Hello,

Since the HP ENVY 5530 e-All-In-One Printer is an AirPrint-enabled model, and AirPrint relies upon Bonjour/mDNS for device/computer discovery, the power-cycle procedure mentioned by DRS808 could work, but it may become necessary to involve the router as well. This is what I would recommend:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, the iPad, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Power on the iPad and the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 28, 2022 3:35 PM in response to djtdjt1

Hello,

Since the HP ENVY 5530 e-All-In-One Printer is an AirPrint-enabled model, and AirPrint relies upon Bonjour/mDNS for device/computer discovery, the power-cycle procedure mentioned by DRS808 could work, but it may become necessary to involve the router as well. This is what I would recommend:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, the iPad, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Power on the iPad and the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Oct 28, 2022 2:07 PM in response to djtdjt1

I had this problem as well with an old Epson XP-440 printer. I powered off printer and MacBook. Waited a bit then powered up printer and made sure printer software was up to date and connected to Wifi. I powered up MacBook, gave it a bit a time for all feature to get up and running. Then, checked System Settings_Printers and Scanners, and printer was there and available. Successfully performed a test print. Hope this helps.

Printer not Connecting after Ventura 13.0 Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.