You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro acting wonky after OS 13 install

The machine is running hot (temperature-wise), and I'm having to shut down after 45-90 minutes (no gaming), using basic internet and word processing software.

Pre-set screen savers and background photo settings did not transfer, and will not stay after being reset.

Pictures and MS Word documents previously deleted have somehow reappeared; even after using both CCleaner for Mac, and Clean My Mac X programs.

Some programs not booting up, or shutting down consistently.

No new programs have been added since two weeks prior to Ventura install; less existing apps/program updates.

Mac OS 13 Ventura on a fall 2018 15-inch MacBook Pro, 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 3:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 4:18 PM

<< using both CCleaner for Mac, and Clean My Mac X programs. >>

neither of those programs should be installed on your modern Mac, and they could be the source of your issues.

Remember that after a migration or major upgrade, your Mac may spend several hours to all afternoon re-computing the Spotlight index (of every word in every file on your Mac) and responsiveness may be slightly slower until completed.

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

If you need help finding the source of arbitrary resource consumption, download this little "discovery" utility, Etrecheck. Its report is pre-laundered of personally-identifiable information, and is intended to be posted back to the forums for readers to help analyze.

Using EtreCheck to Troubleshoot Potential… - Apple Community

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 29, 2022 4:18 PM in response to arahaim

<< using both CCleaner for Mac, and Clean My Mac X programs. >>

neither of those programs should be installed on your modern Mac, and they could be the source of your issues.

Remember that after a migration or major upgrade, your Mac may spend several hours to all afternoon re-computing the Spotlight index (of every word in every file on your Mac) and responsiveness may be slightly slower until completed.

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

If you need help finding the source of arbitrary resource consumption, download this little "discovery" utility, Etrecheck. Its report is pre-laundered of personally-identifiable information, and is intended to be posted back to the forums for readers to help analyze.

Using EtreCheck to Troubleshoot Potential… - Apple Community

MacBook Pro acting wonky after OS 13 install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.