You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing iTunes

If I share my iTunes with my kids in Family Sharing, can they delete songs out of iTunes and make their own playlists? If so, will I be able to see those changes since it is my account, or will those changes only show up on their devices?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 3:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 3:16 PM

You can't share your iTunes music library over Family sharing. So none of that can happen.

Family Sharing lets you share your Apple Music subscription, and any purchases you may have made from the iTunes Store.

Other members of the Family Group have no access to your account so cannot delete anything from your account.

Each member has their own Apple ID ands their own iTunes Library that they can download your previous purchases to.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 31, 2022 3:16 PM in response to dlmark

You can't share your iTunes music library over Family sharing. So none of that can happen.

Family Sharing lets you share your Apple Music subscription, and any purchases you may have made from the iTunes Store.

Other members of the Family Group have no access to your account so cannot delete anything from your account.

Each member has their own Apple ID ands their own iTunes Library that they can download your previous purchases to.

Family Sharing iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.