You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to download the update iOS15.7.1! It keeps giving me an error message! Any ideas!

I am unable to download the iOS15.7.1 update on my iPhone 12 Pro. I repeatedly keep getting an error message! Any thoughts?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 9:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 9:41 PM

You should have listed the exact error message in your post so that the readers of your post understand what you are seeing on the screen when attempting to update your iPhone.

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version over a Wi-Fi Network. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ Software Update: If there is an update available for your iPhone then it will be listed here. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and update your iPhone. 

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 31, 2022 9:41 PM in response to Mgthigs1

You should have listed the exact error message in your post so that the readers of your post understand what you are seeing on the screen when attempting to update your iPhone.

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version over a Wi-Fi Network. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ Software Update: If there is an update available for your iPhone then it will be listed here. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and update your iPhone. 

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

Oct 31, 2022 9:40 PM in response to Mgthigs1

Mgthigs1 Said:

"I am unable to download the update iOS15.7.1! It keeps giving me an error message! Any ideas!: I am unable to download the iOS15.7.1 update on my iPhone 12 Pro. I repeatedly keep getting an error message! Any thoughts?"

-------

Updating an iPhone 6s Plus:

A. Update Using a Computer:

Cancel the update, and then plug it into a computer, and then install this update through a computer.

B. You Must Update Yourself:

No one here can update your iPhone. These are just user-to-user forums. No on here has any access to your device (and that is a good thing, BTW).

I am unable to download the update iOS15.7.1! It keeps giving me an error message! Any ideas!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.