You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Defaults Alphabetically Rather Than to Oft-Used Email Addresses

My wife's email address is Marta(last name)@--- and I send her thousands of emails a year. My cousin's email address is Marci(same last name)@--- and and I send her maybe 2 a year and occasionally when I type "MAR" to send my wife an email it defaults to my cousin's email address rather than my wife's and I don't notice so I inadvertently send emails to my cousin. How can I change the default to the most frequently used email address rather than the alphabetical?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 11:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 5:08 AM

I don't know if you can do that, so why not think outside the box?

You could:

a) add a nickname to your wife's contact in Contacts

or

b) make a Group in Contacts, with a name that's meaningful, and add only your wife's card to that Group.

Then you could start typing the nickname or the name of the Group, instead of the start of her name.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2022 5:08 AM in response to JeffLiroff

I don't know if you can do that, so why not think outside the box?

You could:

a) add a nickname to your wife's contact in Contacts

or

b) make a Group in Contacts, with a name that's meaningful, and add only your wife's card to that Group.

Then you could start typing the nickname or the name of the Group, instead of the start of her name.

Apple Mail Defaults Alphabetically Rather Than to Oft-Used Email Addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.