You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forecast Failed message in Weather Widget on MacOS Ventura

I keep getting a "Forecast Failed" message when I try to take a look at the weather widget in MacOS Ventura (see first attached image below).

I live in Portland, OR. When I click on the widget to open the weather app, my location is still showing blank, but if I pull up Portland, OR it shows me the forecast for my city (see second attached image below).

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thank you!

MacBook Air, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 12:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 1:24 PM

You're welcome. If you are running a VPN, disable it. If not, try booting into Safe Mode then restart normally. Sometimes that fixes odd glitches.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

I assume you have Wi-Fi enabled.

11 replies

Dec 5, 2022 9:51 AM in response to OferFox

launch Activity Monitor (in Applications, Utilities)

search for Notification Center (search field, upper right of window)

click on the line which says Notification Center (should now be highlighted)

click the icon in the toolbar which looks like a stop sign with an x in it (8-sided symbol)

dialogue box appears : "Are you sure you want to quit this process?"

click Quit (or Force Quit, if Quit does not cause Notification Center to disappear from the list within seconds)

wait until Notification Center disappears from list (if it doesn't, try Force Quit - see above)

Notifications Center should now function normally

quit Activity Monitor

Jan 2, 2023 9:36 AM in response to OferFox

I had the same problem with the Weather widget/app and where-am-i. Are you using Apple's Private Relay? I had Private Relay enabled and when I checked the settings for Private Relay discovered that Private Relay was displaying an error message that read, "Private Relay: Unavailable." I disabled Private Relay, and the widget/app started working again. Unfortunately, when I re-enabled Private Relay, I received the same error message, and the Weather app stopped working again. So if you have the "Private Relay: Unavailable" error message, the workaround is disabling Private Relay until Private Relay is working again. I haven't looked for the solution to the Private Relay error message yet.

Forecast Failed message in Weather Widget on MacOS Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.