You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set up volume only in apple tv but not on the tv

My regular tv is in service, so im using and old tv in the meantime. But the issue is i cant no longee modify volume. I know my tv is not compatible with that tecnology so i need to use volume only in apple tv device, but i dont know how

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 2:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 3:03 PM

The Apple TV box does not have volume of its own. The volume is only the one form the actual TV its connected to.

If the TV does not support HMDI-CEC, then you'll just need to use the TVs own remote to control its volume.

Link-> If you can't control your TV or receiver with your Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 2, 2022 3:03 PM in response to Felopevalentino

The Apple TV box does not have volume of its own. The volume is only the one form the actual TV its connected to.

If the TV does not support HMDI-CEC, then you'll just need to use the TVs own remote to control its volume.

Link-> If you can't control your TV or receiver with your Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

How to set up volume only in apple tv but not on the tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.