You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot change transitions in iMovie on the iPhone 13 Pro

Using the magic movie template, I added all my clips, but I can't change the transitions.

Nothing happens when I click on them.

According to the iMovie user guide, you can 'completely customize your movie' using a Magic Movie Project. I noticed that Apple does not address this issue when asked by other people.

It just kind of gets ignored.

Usually, when a company does not address an issue, the reason is that it's a bug with the software - not working as designed, at least based on the documentation.

So if you want to control the clip transitions, then redo your movie using the normal movie project and the transitions will work there.

On behalf of Apple, I apologize to all the people who wasted hours messing around trying to figure out transitions in Magic Movie project, because your time is valuable.

Cheers

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 10:22 PM

2 replies

Nov 2, 2022 11:03 PM in response to Mrokcramed

It would be better if you can please re-post with a screenshot with 'completely customize your movie' , in order to understand the phenomenon better. Images/pictures speak louder than words. 

Please understand this is a public forum: While attaching a Screenshot, do not provide any personal credentials, such as IP address, Card detail, email id, apple id, IMEI number, Serial Number, Phone number, Order ID, if you are sharing a map ensure your location is not identifiable, etc.

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Cannot change transitions in iMovie on the iPhone 13 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.