You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Ultra - Wrong heart rate readings

Hi, my AWU isn’t recording accurate heart rate recovery readings. Last night it recorded my heart rate recovery at 51bpm from 165 after a run into a walk, that’s lower than my sleeping heart rate! It’s ruining all my stats.

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 12:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 8:47 AM

Hello JT_788,

There are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue.

First, make sure both the Apple Watch and its companion iPhone are up-to-date. If not, make a backup of the iPhone and update the software for each device. The update process can frequently address unexpected software behavior. Here are some pages to help with these updates:

If they are on the current software and you still have the issue, try powering off and restarting both devices. Often this simple step will refresh the apps and software on the device to solve numerous problems you may encounter.

Another steps to try, would be to  calibrate your Apple Watch. This can help to improve the accuracy of your distance, pace, and calorie measurements. Calibrating can also help your Apple Watch learn your fitness level and stride, which improves accuracy when GPS is unavailable. Here's a guide to help: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support.

Kind regards!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 6, 2022 8:47 AM in response to JT_788

Hello JT_788,

There are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue.

First, make sure both the Apple Watch and its companion iPhone are up-to-date. If not, make a backup of the iPhone and update the software for each device. The update process can frequently address unexpected software behavior. Here are some pages to help with these updates:

If they are on the current software and you still have the issue, try powering off and restarting both devices. Often this simple step will refresh the apps and software on the device to solve numerous problems you may encounter.

Another steps to try, would be to  calibrate your Apple Watch. This can help to improve the accuracy of your distance, pace, and calorie measurements. Calibrating can also help your Apple Watch learn your fitness level and stride, which improves accuracy when GPS is unavailable. Here's a guide to help: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support.

Kind regards!

Apple Watch Ultra - Wrong heart rate readings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.