You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart rate zones w/Apple fitness workouts

Im wondering if anyone knows how to display heart rate zones in the Apple Watch during a Apple Fitness (treadmill run) workout. I’ve got an Apple Watch series 8 and iPhone 13.

Additionally, I went and looked through the data after my latest workout and the heart rate zones are not there either. I know you can view the zones during Apple Watch workouts, but didn’t know if that’s applicable for fitness plus workouts.

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 12:57 PM

4 replies

Nov 8, 2022 12:37 PM in response to thesuperteeman

Hi thesuperteeman,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

You can check your heart rate anytime on an Apple Watch and also set up notifications for your heart rate. This article will tell you how: Monitor your heart rate with Apple Watch

"How to check your heart rate

You can check your heart rate any time using the Heart Rate app. Open the app, then wait for Apple Watch to measure your heart rate. You can also view your resting, walking, breathe, workout, and recovery rates throughout the day. To easily open the app, add the Heart Rate complication to your watch face or add the Heart Rate app to the Dock.

You can also turn on heart rate notifications, so you know if your heart rate remains above or below a chosen beats per minute (BPM), or to occasionally check for an irregular heart rhythm.

Irregular rhythm notifications are available only with watchOS 5.1.2 or later. To enable irregular rhythm notifications, the notifications must be available in your country or region and you must be in the country or region where you purchased your device. Learn where irregular rhythm notifications are available."

For further help with the heart rate feature, please reach out to the health experts here: Apple Support.

Have a fantastic day!

Nov 8, 2022 5:19 PM in response to thesuperteeman

Hello thesuperteeman, 

Thank you for the reply. 

To confirm, do you already have the latest versions of iOS and watchOS installed for your devices? The following Apple Support articles can help you get updated, if needed: 

Additionally, it would be important to set your date of birth in the Health app on your iPhone. This information is needed to calculate Heart Rate Zones. 

This last Apple Support article explains more about setting up and using this feature: View Heart Rate Zones on Apple Watch - Apple Support

We hope that this information helps you. Please reply back if we can help further! 

Heart rate zones w/Apple fitness workouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.