You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enabling iCloud Password

I'm unable to get the iCloud Passwords extension to turn on. I open up iCloud for Windows and select "Approve" in the "Passwords" box and a pop-up appears asking for my iCloud password again to sign in, which I've already doen. I enter my password, select sign in, it returns to iClouds for Windows. I don't get a request to approve on my iphone and the the Password check mark is still greyed out. For info: two-factor is turned on and I've installed the extension on an Edge browser with Windows 10. The extension is running ok on another PC, Edge browser running Windows 11.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 5:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 5:43 PM

Hello mbond4,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Are you able to test on another browser?

When you set up iCloud Passwords in iCloud for Windows, you can access passwords stored in iCloud Keychain in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
Note: iCloud Passwords only works in Chrome on computers that have iCloud for Windows. It doesn’t work in Chrome on a Mac.

More details can be found here: Autofill iCloud passwords in a web browser on your Windows computer

This will help us further isolate the issue.

If the issue persist, can you provide a few more details? Has the iCloud password extension worked previously? Also, are there any available updates for your computer or browser?

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 9, 2022 5:43 PM in response to mbond4

Hello mbond4,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Are you able to test on another browser?

When you set up iCloud Passwords in iCloud for Windows, you can access passwords stored in iCloud Keychain in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
Note: iCloud Passwords only works in Chrome on computers that have iCloud for Windows. It doesn’t work in Chrome on a Mac.

More details can be found here: Autofill iCloud passwords in a web browser on your Windows computer

This will help us further isolate the issue.

If the issue persist, can you provide a few more details? Has the iCloud password extension worked previously? Also, are there any available updates for your computer or browser?

Cheers!

Nov 10, 2022 7:45 AM in response to Omar_A1

This is what I'm seeing before I select "approve" in the Passwords section. All it does is reload iCloud for Windows.I tested on Google Chrome, Version 107.0.5304.107 (Official Build) (64-bit) and on MS Edge Version 107.0.1418.35 (Official build) (64-bit)

It doesn't work on either browser.

This is the first time on this computer. It is working correctly on my other PC.

For some reason it will not allow me to Approve. It says that I have to approve on my phone and I checked the Password function. I go to Settings > Passwords > Password Options and everything is set use Passwords.

Enabling iCloud Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.