You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Ventura cant find my SDXC cards

I have problem after upgrading to Macos Ventura with my Macbook Pro 16 M1 - Card reader cant find any of my SD cards. All of them worked perfect in old Monterey system and still works fine in my both Canon cameras...

This is totally frustrating because now I cant copy any of my photos to the computer.. System also cant find my Canon cameras via wifi and cable (through Canon EOS Utility app)

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 3:06 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 12, 2022 11:31 AM in response to Kennymax1

Hi Kennymax1,

If you open Disk Utility do you see the SD card mounted at all? If you restart your Mac does the issue persist? This can sometimes help with minor software issues. If things persist you can try booting the Mac in safe mode to see if this is being caused by one of your start up items. You can learn how to use safe mode here: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Creating a new user account will also help isolate the issue and determine whether it's an issue with your account or across the entire OS. You can learn how to create a new user here: Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

If the issue persists and you're unable to pin point things you can reach out for additional support here: Get Support

Nov 26, 2022 4:13 PM in response to Kennymax1

I have a similar problem with my 14” M1 Max. Built in SD card reader works once after a fresh reboot. After that it runs slow as heck. I am able to use an external usb-c reader without any issues. Also a clean account doesn’t help. Still have the same problem on a clean account. Never had these problems on Monterey. I found several posts on Reddit where users are complaining about the same problem, so this seems to be a Ventura bug.

MacOS Ventura cant find my SDXC cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.