You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if there’s no sync option in the music settings.

I’m trying to get my playlists onto my iPad from my iPhone. I’m supposed to turn “sync” on in music settings, but that option doesn’t exist. How do I do it?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 7:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 8:00 AM

That option is only available if you are subscribed to the Apple Music subscription service.

To sync playlists to an iPad if you are not subscribed to Apple Music, you need a computer with iTunes or the Music App and to follow the steps here: link-> Sync music between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

or here: link-> Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 10, 2022 8:00 AM in response to AndyBoat1964

That option is only available if you are subscribed to the Apple Music subscription service.

To sync playlists to an iPad if you are not subscribed to Apple Music, you need a computer with iTunes or the Music App and to follow the steps here: link-> Sync music between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

or here: link-> Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

What if there’s no sync option in the music settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.