You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using TWO iPad's as external monitor's.

With the most recent update its possible to use one iPad as an external monitor and use a secondary one to port your keyboard and mouse to. Though it seems impossible to use two iPads as external monitors to in effect create a triple monitor setup.

Are there any known solutions to this? My workflow requires me to have a triple monitor setup and as I'm travelling for work I'd love to be able to get this solved as opposed to selling the older iPad and replace it w/ a portable monitor.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 11:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 12:21 PM

You can only use one iPad as an external monitor for a Mac in Side Car mode. Selecting a second one will disconnect the first one.

4 replies

Nov 10, 2022 12:15 PM in response to LotusPilot

I might not have been clear enough in my explanation. I'm looking to use both iPads as the external monitors to my Macbook Pro. I know that it works to use and connect one of them and use it as an external monitor.

I presumed it'd be possible to attach a secondary one to it too though it seems to only accept one and boot the other when selected.

Nov 10, 2022 12:08 PM in response to Dev0cean

An iPad cannot be used as a display for another iPad or iPhone. iPad does not accept video input - and cannot be used an an AirPlay receiver.

Basic screen mirroring from iPad to an external TV or connected monitor is supported. However, iPadOS 16.1 Stage Manager support for external monitors is not yet available - this feature being planned for release later this year.

Using TWO iPad's as external monitor's.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.