You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Projecting a slide show from computer to TV screen

Why does the picture immediately get very small on both the computer and the TV screen.

I’m using a HDMI cable to connect both.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 1:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 10:39 PM

With no further information, I would guess the following:

Your TV has much higher screen resolution (maybe HD or 4K?) than your MBP, so the pixels in the slide show take up a smaller portion of it.

You probably chose to use screen mirroring with the MBP adjusting its resolution to conform to that of the TV, so they both show the slideshow small.

Try one of the following:

Use the TV as a second monitor, move the slideshow to the second monitor, and expand it to full screen.

Continue to use mirroring, but have the TV adjust its resolution to simulate that of the MBP.

I think those options were both possible back in macOS 10.13.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 11, 2022 10:39 PM in response to SL80_

With no further information, I would guess the following:

Your TV has much higher screen resolution (maybe HD or 4K?) than your MBP, so the pixels in the slide show take up a smaller portion of it.

You probably chose to use screen mirroring with the MBP adjusting its resolution to conform to that of the TV, so they both show the slideshow small.

Try one of the following:

Use the TV as a second monitor, move the slideshow to the second monitor, and expand it to full screen.

Continue to use mirroring, but have the TV adjust its resolution to simulate that of the MBP.

I think those options were both possible back in macOS 10.13.

Projecting a slide show from computer to TV screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.