You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time setting changes are not saving

Using my iPhone, I am having trouble getting Screen Time setting changes to stick. They do not save on my child's iPad. Both my iPhone and my child's iPad are running the latest iOS version. In particular, I can't get the "Downtime" setting to save. I make the change but then it almost immediately reverts to to what it was. At this point, the only way to get my child's iPad Screen Time Downtime settings to stick is if I make the changes directly on the iPad.

Please do not just respond to this question with the generic "here's how to set up Screen Time for a family member" doc page. I've read it. It's totally insufficient to address troubleshooting this sitaution.

Thanks for your help,

Rachel

iPad Pro, 11-inch, 4th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 4:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 6:42 PM

Hello Rachel,

Thanks for letting us know which troubleshooting steps you've already taken. That's a helpful place to begin.

The next steps we would suggest would be:

1. Toggle Screen Time off on both devices: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
    2. Restart the parent iPhone: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
    3. Restart the child iPad: Restart your iPad - Apple Support
    4. Toggle Screen Time back on and test.

If the issue persists after those steps, further assistance may be needed. We want to make sure you reach the right team for help with your Screen Time concerns, so we recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: Get Support.

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities and have a wonderful day.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2022 6:42 PM in response to reveilles

Hello Rachel,

Thanks for letting us know which troubleshooting steps you've already taken. That's a helpful place to begin.

The next steps we would suggest would be:

1. Toggle Screen Time off on both devices: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
    2. Restart the parent iPhone: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
    3. Restart the child iPad: Restart your iPad - Apple Support
    4. Toggle Screen Time back on and test.

If the issue persists after those steps, further assistance may be needed. We want to make sure you reach the right team for help with your Screen Time concerns, so we recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: Get Support.

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities and have a wonderful day.

Screen Time setting changes are not saving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.