You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air and iPhone 13

I just got an iPad Air, but iMessage is not notifying when I have a message but it shows on iPhone. There is no notification sound or showing how many new messages on iPad

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 7:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2022 8:13 PM

maricarmen1258 Said:

"iPad Air and iPhone 13 : I just got an iPad Air, but iMessage is not notifying when I have a message but it shows on iPhone. There is no notification sound or showing how many new messages on iPad"

-------

Enable Notifications:

You can get sounds through use of enabling Notifications. Go here: Change notification settings on iPad - Apple Support. You not might see a quantity, but rather a history of these alerts in the messages app. New messages would have a quantity, however.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 10, 2022 8:13 PM in response to maricarmen1258

maricarmen1258 Said:

"iPad Air and iPhone 13 : I just got an iPad Air, but iMessage is not notifying when I have a message but it shows on iPhone. There is no notification sound or showing how many new messages on iPad"

-------

Enable Notifications:

You can get sounds through use of enabling Notifications. Go here: Change notification settings on iPad - Apple Support. You not might see a quantity, but rather a history of these alerts in the messages app. New messages would have a quantity, however.

iPad Air and iPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.