You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get 2022 ATV to show HDR10+ Content

Greetings everyone. I purchased a new 2022 Apple TV 4K specifically because I have a 2018 Samsung UHD TV (UN50NU6900). According to the specs for this TV is supports HDR10+. However, I can not get my TV to show me that it is playing anything other than HDR. According to what I have read, I should see HDR10+, in the image below, when playing content that supports that HDR format. This is what I see regardless of what content I play.

(Of course If I am playing Standard Def or HD content I do not see anything on that button.)

So far the only movie I have found that is "encoded" in HDR10+ is Die Hard, so I bought the movie (which I wanted to do anyway):

This is what I see when I "View Details" in the TV app. While I am playing the movie the Info says this:

I've tried a handful of different HDMI cables, and various Video settings on the ATV. Nothing I have done has changed what the 1st image above shows me. How can I make sure I'm getting HDR10+?

Thanks, everyone!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 11:07 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Nov 11, 2022 1:45 PM in response to Michael Allbritton

On your Apple TV->Settings->Video and Audio->Match Content-> make sure Match Dynamic Range and Match Frame Rate are ON. Format should typically be set at 4K-SDR too. This ensures the Apple TV outputs the same Dynamic Range (i.e. HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision) the content is sending.

With these settings you will see a short blackout when your Samsung switches to HDR10+ and again when it switches back to standard. Don’t panic.

Report back

Can't get 2022 ATV to show HDR10+ Content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.