You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much does Apple Care+ cover for a lost iPhone

What is the upfront cost if your phone is lost and you have apple care+

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 3:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 4:37 PM

Apple has a list of service fees on their US AppleCare page here. This says the fee for a claim after theft or loss is US$149

You may also have received some documentation when you commenced your AppleCare+ plan. If so, refer to that.

Be aware too of the conditions outlined in footnote 5:

Theft and loss coverage requires you to have Find My enabled on your device at the time it is lost or stolen. Find My should remain enabled and your iPhone should remain associated with your Apple ID throughout the theft or loss claim process. During the theft or loss claims process, you will be asked to erase your missing device, disable it, and transfer ownership before you can be issued a new device. 

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 11, 2022 4:37 PM in response to Amaiafaye

Apple has a list of service fees on their US AppleCare page here. This says the fee for a claim after theft or loss is US$149

You may also have received some documentation when you commenced your AppleCare+ plan. If so, refer to that.

Be aware too of the conditions outlined in footnote 5:

Theft and loss coverage requires you to have Find My enabled on your device at the time it is lost or stolen. Find My should remain enabled and your iPhone should remain associated with your Apple ID throughout the theft or loss claim process. During the theft or loss claims process, you will be asked to erase your missing device, disable it, and transfer ownership before you can be issued a new device. 

Nov 17, 2022 10:05 AM in response to Amaiafaye

AppleCare plus doesn’t cover lost or stolen devices at all.

You have to purchase AppleCare plus with theft and loss coverage.

they are 2 separate plans.

AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss

Get everything included in AppleCare+ and up to two incidents of theft or loss coverage every 12 months.3 Each incident is subject to the deductible listed below. 

Theft and loss coverage requires you to have Find My enabled on your device at the time it is lost or stolen and throughout the claims process.5

AppleCare Products - iPhone - Apple

How much does Apple Care+ cover for a lost iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.