You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Drain rapidly on brand new iPhone 13 after iOS 16.1 and iOS16.1.1

After updating to iOS 16.1 on my brand new iPhone 13 battery performance got very poor. Over the night battery percentage got reduce by 7%. Without any usage. Updating to iOS 16.1.1 did nothing to fix this issue. Battery health is also at 100%

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 3:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 9:48 PM

That's very common, even if you turn off everything such as background app refresh, and turn on Airplane mode, nothing stops this issue. If you really want to preserve the battery, you can try to shutdown your iPhone every night. You should probably see 1 or 2 percent drop, or maybe not even 1.

2 replies

Nov 14, 2022 8:29 PM in response to PritamSarkar00

Yes the same is here too. In mine case of brand new iPhone 13, ios16.1 was better in case of battery but ios16.1.1 is draining battery to fast. We don’t know why it happens in case of apple iphone. While in case androids users we didn’t care about battery based on software updates . My wife phone has vivo ( 2019 ) with 4500 mah and still today it last minimum 1.5 days . Why apple creates havoc regarding battery life . Why this company is not working on battery life of their phones. It’s redicilous .

Battery Drain rapidly on brand new iPhone 13 after iOS 16.1 and iOS16.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.