You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod shuffle 4th gen and M2 Macbook Air

Hi - When I plug my ipod shuffle 4th gen into my new M2 MacBook Air it shows in Finder and is mounted in Disk Utility. But when I click on it in Finder so that I can change the music that is synched onto the ipod, the word Loading ... and a spinning wheel display for about three minutes and then it says "The selected device could not be found." I have tried turning the ipod on and off; upgrading the MacBook to 13.0.1; turning the MacBook off and on.

Any suggestions please?

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 2:53 AM

5 replies

Nov 13, 2022 6:21 PM in response to SeekingHelpApple

Hello SeekingHelpApple,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with syncing your iPod shuffle with your mac. Check ou tthe information here about syncing: Intro to syncing your Mac and your devices - Apple Поддръжка (BG)

"Do I have to sync?

If you have iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod shuffle: You have to sync your device with your Mac. There’s no other way to add content to it."

While these steps apply to iPhones and iPads, they will also work dfor your iPod not being detected: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Nov 14, 2022 9:13 AM in response to SeekingHelpApple

SeekingHelpApple,

You can test the issue in a new administrator user account. The guide here can help you get started: Add a user or group on Mac

However if the issue continues, as recommended by Apple Support you should visit a technician to further assist. You can use the 'Service & Support' option here: Apple Find Locations to ensure you can view all locations near you.

Cheers.

ipod shuffle 4th gen and M2 Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.