You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot open itunes in windows XP

I was locked out of my laptop by microsoft when I upgraded to win 10.

My music is still on my old pc running win XP. When I try to open itunes on the old pc I get this error:

E:\Program Files\iTunes\.exe

The specified path does not exist.

check the path, and then try again.

I deleted itunes and did a reinstall. But I get the same message.

I can take files from the old pc and move them as windows files to itunes in a different laptop and they work fine.

Please help.

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 11:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 11:40 AM

As written that would be an invalid path. The normal location for the iTunes executable would be C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe. You don't need to open iTunes to transfer the library to your new machine. Copy the entire iTunes folder from <User's Music> on the XP machine into <User's Music> on the Windows 10 box, either using a network share or an external drive. See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community for further details or advice if needed.

tt2

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2022 11:40 AM in response to babblon

As written that would be an invalid path. The normal location for the iTunes executable would be C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe. You don't need to open iTunes to transfer the library to your new machine. Copy the entire iTunes folder from <User's Music> on the XP machine into <User's Music> on the Windows 10 box, either using a network share or an external drive. See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community for further details or advice if needed.

tt2

cannot open itunes in windows XP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.