You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Generic Attachment icons in Outlook email after Ventura install

After installing Ventura, all attachments I receive or send in microsoft Outlook are generic thumbnails instead of reflecting filetype.

Same email opened on a different machine running Monterey shows correct icon; further, emails with attachments I send from Ventura machine display correctly elsewhere.

Outlook 16.66, Ventura 13.0.1

iMac

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 3:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 4:26 PM

DS2007 wrote:

After installing Ventura, all attachments I receive or send in microsoft Outlook are generic thumbnails instead of reflecting filetype.

Same email opened on a different machine running Monterey shows correct icon; further, emails with attachments I send from Ventura machine display correctly elsewhere.

you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

and with any luck a point update to the new Ventura will resolve the issue.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2022 4:26 PM in response to DS2007

DS2007 wrote:

you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

and with any luck a point update to the new Ventura will resolve the issue.

Generic Attachment icons in Outlook email after Ventura install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.