You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my password is not accepted in windows login

I am not able to login with the usual password on my macbook. I tried to type in 3 times and it does not allow me to change the password. What should I do?

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 11:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 11:19 PM

alvinlkw Said:

"my password is not accepted in windows login: I am not able to login with the usual password on my macbook. I tried to type in 3 times and it does not allow me to change the password. What should I do?"

-------

Reset the Mac Password:

You need to change the password. As for the passcode, that would be the password, as you use it to log in to your computer.

Where to Reset it:

Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2022 11:19 PM in response to alvinlkw

alvinlkw Said:

"my password is not accepted in windows login: I am not able to login with the usual password on my macbook. I tried to type in 3 times and it does not allow me to change the password. What should I do?"

-------

Reset the Mac Password:

You need to change the password. As for the passcode, that would be the password, as you use it to log in to your computer.

Where to Reset it:

Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.

my password is not accepted in windows login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.