You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I touch the remote for the apple TV it comes on turns on the stereo and turns the volume to 100. The remote cannot change the volume. The only thing you can do is turn everything off then turn the tv on and lower the volume. What can i do.

When you touch the apple tv remote it turns everything on without pushing the start button and it increases the volume to 100. The volume cannot be adjusted on the remote or the stereo on on the tv. The only thing that works is to turn everything off and don't touch the remote. What can be causing this action and how can it be fixed?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 11:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 8:52 AM

Try restarting just the remote, using the key combination as detailed in: If your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote isn't working - Apple Support

2 replies

When I touch the remote for the apple TV it comes on turns on the stereo and turns the volume to 100. The remote cannot change the volume. The only thing you can do is turn everything off then turn the tv on and lower the volume. What can i do.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.