You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off explicit Apple Music content over a HomePod

There used to be an Explicit toggle on the HomePod controls within the Home app but no more. There are also articles online that refer to being able to turn off explicit content via the Screen Time Settings but I don't see anything there either (lots of stuff for TV, podcasts, etc. but no Music). All my software is the latest iOS and Ventura. I just bought the HomePod and I don't want my kids to be able to request explicit content over it.

HomePod mini, 16

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 12:32 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 21, 2022 10:29 AM in response to Shukhov

Hello Shukhov,

Let's start off by checking the helpful steps in this article which can help with this issue: Change HomePod settings - Apple Support. This specific section discusses your question:

"Disable explicit content

You can disable playback of explicit content for a specific HomePod user in your home. When that person makes a request, HomePod will not play songs, albums, or podcast episodes that contain explicit content. 

1. In the Home app on your iOS or iPadOS device, tap the Show Homes button, then tap Home Settings. 
      2. Note: If you have more than one home, you see settings for your current home (based on your location). To edit a different home, tap Homes, then tap the home you want to edit.
      3. Tap a user, then turn off Allow Explicit Content."

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue so we can look into this further with you. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

How to turn off explicit Apple Music content over a HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.