You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t Remove Autocorrected Version of Word

Maybe ~10 years ago I wrote the word “y’all’s” in a text. Ever since then, I can’t type the word “y’all” on any phone I’ve had that uses iOS without autocorrect changing it to “y’all’s.” I’m from the American south and use “y’all” a ton. But it constantly gets changed to “y’all’s.” How can I prevent this autocorrection?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 5:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 1:10 PM

Greetings Tblay,

You can reset your keyboard dictionary by following the steps found here, which will remove any previously saved replacements:

Save keystrokes with text replacements on iPhone - Apple Support

"Reset your personal dictionary

1. Go to Settings  > General > Reset.
  2. Tap Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
  3. All custom words and shortcuts are deleted, and the keyboard dictionary returns to its default state."

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 21, 2022 1:10 PM in response to Tblay

Greetings Tblay,

You can reset your keyboard dictionary by following the steps found here, which will remove any previously saved replacements:

Save keystrokes with text replacements on iPhone - Apple Support

"Reset your personal dictionary

1. Go to Settings  > General > Reset.
  2. Tap Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
  3. All custom words and shortcuts are deleted, and the keyboard dictionary returns to its default state."

Take care.

Can’t Remove Autocorrected Version of Word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.