You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Toggling a Window — a change (or bug) in Ventura? (German QWERTZ-Keybord)

Hello, since a few days I'm using Ventura 13.0.1 on a MacBook 14" M1 Max and I noticed that the shortcut for toggling a window in an app — "CMD+<" — doesn't work anymore. Now it is "CMD + ' " ... see picture below.

I suspect this is because the key position " ' " on a QWERTY keyboard is the key position "<" on a QWERTY keyboard.

As a right-handed person, I find this very annoying, as I can no longer use the shortcut with my left hand.

Maybe it's just a bug that will be fixed with the next update of Ventura.

I have not found a way to change the shortcut in the system. Maybe someone from you?

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 1:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 2:15 AM

I understand how this is inconvenient.

FWIW, I just tested in a mac running Big Sur and it behaves exactly in the same way, not something new in Ventura, apparently.

You could try adding your own shortcut in System Settings->Keyboard

Click the Shortcuts button, add a new one, type exactly the text as it appears in the menu (it’s in the Window menu in the Finder).

Enter the desired shortcut Command-<

Test. Let us know if it works.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2022 2:15 AM in response to MacMartyW

I understand how this is inconvenient.

FWIW, I just tested in a mac running Big Sur and it behaves exactly in the same way, not something new in Ventura, apparently.

You could try adding your own shortcut in System Settings->Keyboard

Click the Shortcuts button, add a new one, type exactly the text as it appears in the menu (it’s in the Window menu in the Finder).

Enter the desired shortcut Command-<

Test. Let us know if it works.

Toggling a Window — a change (or bug) in Ventura? (German QWERTZ-Keybord)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.