You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac too old to upgrade to Mojave

I have an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015). What do I do now that it's too old to run the latest OS?

Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 8:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 11:12 AM

I don't think you mean Mojave, which your computer should run. Are you referring to Ventura, which it will not? The latest OS your iMac is capable of running is Monterey, which will be supported with updates for some years yet and is no cause for concern to a user.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2022 11:12 AM in response to BrockSF

I don't think you mean Mojave, which your computer should run. Are you referring to Ventura, which it will not? The latest OS your iMac is capable of running is Monterey, which will be supported with updates for some years yet and is no cause for concern to a user.

Nov 23, 2022 4:47 PM in response to BrockSF

If the Mac does what you want ti to do with the system it has not there's no reason to not continue using it as it is. Follow the recommendations in these documents and you'll be fine:

Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support.  

As you've been told your Mac can run Monterey and that will be given any necessary security updates for at least a couple more years. You're in good shape.

iMac too old to upgrade to Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.