You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 14 pro max map not working

I am currently using Iphone 14 pro max running iOS16.1.1 and the map and google map is not working, it is not recognizing where I am.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 4:44 PM

4 replies

Nov 25, 2022 1:22 PM in response to Lnaey

Greetings Lnaey,

If you are having difficulty using Apple Maps, begin by following the guidance found here:

If Maps isn't working on your Apple device - Apple Support

"If you can't find your current location on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

• Turn on Location Services and Location Access for Maps. In the Settings app, tap Privacy, then tap Location Services. Make sure Location Services is on, and make sure Maps is set to While Using the App or Widgets.
  • Set the date, time, and time zone correctly on your device. In the Settings app, tap General, then tap Date & Time. If possible, turn on Set Automatically.
  • Turn on cellular data or Wi-Fi so that you have an active connection. In the Settings app, tap Wi-Fi or Cellular, then select a network or cellular plan.

Location Services uses GPS, Bluetooth, crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspots, and cellular towers to determine your location. If you still can't find your current location in Maps, close the Maps app and reopen it. You can also try to restart your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.

Learn more about Location Services on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch."

Take care.

Dec 3, 2022 9:53 PM in response to Lnaey

Lnaey Said:

"iphone 14 pro max map not working: I am currently using Iphone 14 pro max running iOS16.1.1 and the map and google map is not working, it is not recognizing where I am."

-------

Google Maps Location:

Google is its own company. So, are referring to https://www.google.com/maps? What is seen is based on the location of where Google is seeing you --the IP Address of your location.

Dec 3, 2022 9:42 PM in response to Lnaey

Same thing for me. The Google Maps is useless! It doesn’ t recognize where I am, gives bogus directions that are way off, and does not renavigate route when I am totally lost, thanks to the ridiculous directions. Worse than useless because it got me totally lost with no way to find my way!!! If there is no fix, I am returning the phone this week. Help!!!

iphone 14 pro max map not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.