You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mother has a new iPad and we have moved everything from her old iPad onto the new one. Can I now erase the old iPad with no impact on the data on her new iPad please?

my Mother has a new iPad we want to erase the data on her previous iPad if I press Erase Pad on the old pad, can I assume nothing will go from the new iPad?

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 9:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 9:33 AM

Having successfully transferred all data an files, you can simply sanitise the old iPad for disposal by following this process:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Data stored on other devices and in iCloud with not be impacted in any way.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2022 9:33 AM in response to Daucepanman62

Having successfully transferred all data an files, you can simply sanitise the old iPad for disposal by following this process:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Data stored on other devices and in iCloud with not be impacted in any way.

My mother has a new iPad and we have moved everything from her old iPad onto the new one. Can I now erase the old iPad with no impact on the data on her new iPad please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.