You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used Migration Assistant to transfer to my new MacBook but apple mail files did not transfer

How do I get the contents saved in apple mail onto my new MacBook? It did not migrate with everything else.

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 6:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 7:09 PM

Edarch80 Said:

"I used Migration Assistant to transfer to my new MacBook but apple mail files did not transfer: How do I get the contents saved in apple mail onto my new MacBook? It did not migrate with everything else."

-------

Migration Assistant:

Migration Assistant doesn't transfer everything. Software works on its own laterals --particularly licensing. So don't expect applications to transfer with a success.

Export/Import Mail:

Add the account back, and then use it with this new device. If needed, export then import them, from and to the devices, reactively. See Here: Import or Export Mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 25, 2022 7:09 PM in response to Edarch80

Edarch80 Said:

"I used Migration Assistant to transfer to my new MacBook but apple mail files did not transfer: How do I get the contents saved in apple mail onto my new MacBook? It did not migrate with everything else."

-------

Migration Assistant:

Migration Assistant doesn't transfer everything. Software works on its own laterals --particularly licensing. So don't expect applications to transfer with a success.

Export/Import Mail:

Add the account back, and then use it with this new device. If needed, export then import them, from and to the devices, reactively. See Here: Import or Export Mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

I used Migration Assistant to transfer to my new MacBook but apple mail files did not transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.