You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost all of my photos from my MacBook Air

I was trying to call some very old pictures off of an external hard drive, and somehow I lost all of my photos from my MacBook Air

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 12:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 3:23 PM

The usual method to restore deleted files is to restore them from a Time Machine backup: Restore items backed up with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support.

Before you give up though, navigate to your Photos Library and open it. Its default location is ~/Pictures. To open that folder, type ~/Pictures into the Finder's Go menu > Go To Folder... field.

Make it look like this

... and click the Go button. Double-click the file named Photos Library.

This assumes you are using the Photos app to store and organize your photos.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 26, 2022 3:23 PM in response to Computerstressors

The usual method to restore deleted files is to restore them from a Time Machine backup: Restore items backed up with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support.

Before you give up though, navigate to your Photos Library and open it. Its default location is ~/Pictures. To open that folder, type ~/Pictures into the Finder's Go menu > Go To Folder... field.

Make it look like this

... and click the Go button. Double-click the file named Photos Library.

This assumes you are using the Photos app to store and organize your photos.

I lost all of my photos from my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.