You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iCloud bookmarks

I restored my /library/Safari folder to the way it was in the past (I have also tried loading just bookmarks.plist. I can open Safari and see my bookmarks the way I want. But when it doesn't keep. It will load my bookmarks from iCloud.

I have tried turning off Safari in my iCloud settings on my Mac, iPad, & iPhone, and setting them back on again. But they keep loading the older version. I can *change* the older version and it changes on all three devices. But I don't seem to be able to replace the bookmarks with the older bookmarks.

I've even tried opening Safari after changing the bookmarks.plist and quickly changing the bookmarks. I'll close Safari and open it, and after a couple of seconds, I get the cloud bookmarks.

Why am I not able to restore my old bookmarks.plist to iCloud?

iMac 24″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 28, 2022 7:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 6:57 PM

Hi Howard Brazee,

Thanks for posting here in Apple Support Communities. Currently your bookmarks are working as expected. You may be able to restore your old bookmarks though. Following the steps in this link may address the issue you're facing: If you accidentally deleted your calendars, bookmarks, or contacts from iCloud

Restore your contacts or bookmarks from an earlier version
1. Sign in to iCloud.com.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the window, then select Data Recovery.
3. Select Restore Contacts or Restore Bookmarks. 
4. Select Restore next to the date before you deleted the content.
5. Select Restore again to confirm. After the restore completes, you get a notification on iCloud.com and an email at the address on file with your Apple ID.

Kind regards.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2022 6:57 PM in response to Howard Brazee

Hi Howard Brazee,

Thanks for posting here in Apple Support Communities. Currently your bookmarks are working as expected. You may be able to restore your old bookmarks though. Following the steps in this link may address the issue you're facing: If you accidentally deleted your calendars, bookmarks, or contacts from iCloud

Restore your contacts or bookmarks from an earlier version
1. Sign in to iCloud.com.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the window, then select Data Recovery.
3. Select Restore Contacts or Restore Bookmarks. 
4. Select Restore next to the date before you deleted the content.
5. Select Restore again to confirm. After the restore completes, you get a notification on iCloud.com and an email at the address on file with your Apple ID.

Kind regards.

Change iCloud bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.