You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to reset Apple ID without waiting 12 days?

Apples customer support has turned into nothing. I was told several times id be texted a link and to wait for 12 days to reset my password for my Apple ID . Apple has nowhere to contact any customer support on this as well as their customer support telephone customer service agents can also do nothing...Appl you have performed horrible on this!! How do a resent my Apple ID password when nothing is connected to it!! Please help..

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 10:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 9:21 AM

Hello michael Ault,

Remember, the people responding here are predominantly users like yourself. The few from Apple (who mostly pick up the messages we've missed) aren't empowered with doing anything you seem to desire in resolving this issue. All any of us can really do is refer you back to customer support. This document is what Apple has about resetting passwords: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support If your issue goes beyond that such as needing account recovery, then again all Apple has to say is that there is a "waiting period". It doesn't say why. I could guess several reasons but we aren't allowed to speculate.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2022 9:21 AM in response to michael Ault

Hello michael Ault,

Remember, the people responding here are predominantly users like yourself. The few from Apple (who mostly pick up the messages we've missed) aren't empowered with doing anything you seem to desire in resolving this issue. All any of us can really do is refer you back to customer support. This document is what Apple has about resetting passwords: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support If your issue goes beyond that such as needing account recovery, then again all Apple has to say is that there is a "waiting period". It doesn't say why. I could guess several reasons but we aren't allowed to speculate.

Dec 1, 2022 9:07 PM in response to Limnos

Limnos,

Thank you for your response to this. I was hoping someone from Apple would see this also. There is no customer service for the lost password help, it's all automated.....and I have exhausted the waiting period. Actually I bought my iPad over a month ago and cannot load the app info because it is under an older Apple ID that I havent used since 2016. It seems unfair to not have support for this. The automated system doesnt work. But I'll stop complaining and try to figure out a work around. Have a great day and thanks again....

how to reset Apple ID without waiting 12 days?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.