You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil gen 2stays at 100% even after use.

Greetings,

I recently bought an iPad Air 2022 with an Apple Pencil. So far it has been working great! However, I noticed how the battery percentage of the pencil no longer falls below 100% It still works just as well as it did before and it charges (hopefully) but after use, when I attach it back to the iPad it says "Apple Pencil 100%". It didn't use to be like this, before it would usually fall to 92% e.g. Is this something bad and if so, where should I look for help. I currently don't have the means to buy a new Pencil especially after less than two weeks since the purchase.

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 12:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 2:59 PM

Hello eccyboo,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

We were able to find this out:

"If you have Apple Pencil (2nd generation)

Attach your Apple Pencil to the magnetic connector on the long side of your iPad.

Magnetic connector on iPad

When you attach Apple Pencil (2nd generation) to your iPad, the battery level appears near the top of the screen for a moment. If it doesn't appear, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.

iPad showing Pencil charge status

To check how much battery your Apple Pencil has left while you're using it, check the Today View on your iPad. Just swipe from left to right on the Home screen or Lock screen."

More details can be found here: Charge your Apple Pencil and check the battery

Can you provide a few more details? How much are you using your Apple Pencil before putting it back? Does the percentage stay the same regardless of usage? Also how often do you charging your Apple Pencil?

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2022 2:59 PM in response to eccyboo

Hello eccyboo,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

We were able to find this out:

"If you have Apple Pencil (2nd generation)

Attach your Apple Pencil to the magnetic connector on the long side of your iPad.

Magnetic connector on iPad

When you attach Apple Pencil (2nd generation) to your iPad, the battery level appears near the top of the screen for a moment. If it doesn't appear, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.

iPad showing Pencil charge status

To check how much battery your Apple Pencil has left while you're using it, check the Today View on your iPad. Just swipe from left to right on the Home screen or Lock screen."

More details can be found here: Charge your Apple Pencil and check the battery

Can you provide a few more details? How much are you using your Apple Pencil before putting it back? Does the percentage stay the same regardless of usage? Also how often do you charging your Apple Pencil?

Cheers!

Apple pencil gen 2stays at 100% even after use.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.