You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All folders on desktop have same content, and I can't delete without loosing everything.

Yesterday, I got onto MacPro and found that each folder on my desktop contains all the folders on my desktop, and all have the same content. If I attempt to 'clean out' folders by deleting content not related to that folder, all the folders on the desktop disappear into the trash. I tried to copy and back up the information, then empty the desktop completely, restart, and reinstall the folders one at a time, and they all either all come back with all the content, or they don't come back.

I recently updated to the osVentura operating system. Is Ventura to blame?

How do I separate out the info into separate folders like before?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 4:55 PM

1 reply

All folders on desktop have same content, and I can't delete without loosing everything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.