You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In-App Purchase Family Sharing

Hello, can someone please help me. I purchased and paid for Art Set App’s Pro version. Also, I enabled family sharing to my other accounts so I can access my App Purchases across different Apple ID accounts and devices within family sharing feauture. However, my problem is, I cannot access the Pro Version of Art Set (an in-app purchase) and still requires me to pay once again even if Family Sharing is enabled. Is there any other way, that Art Set App Pro Version (an in-app purchase) can be shared within family sharing settings?

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 1:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 7:29 AM

Hi JoanPaula,

This document talks about what can be shared: What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support

In your case I guess it depends upon if the thing is "Subscriptions and in-app purchases from participating apps" and you can, or if it is "Consumable in-app purchases, such as coins or gems." and you can't.

I tried tracking down what is shareable but it appears there are several versions of Art Set and after 10 minutes I figured I had too little information and/or it wasn't going to say exactly, and gave up, sorry. :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2022 7:29 AM in response to JoanPaula2017

Hi JoanPaula,

This document talks about what can be shared: What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support

In your case I guess it depends upon if the thing is "Subscriptions and in-app purchases from participating apps" and you can, or if it is "Consumable in-app purchases, such as coins or gems." and you can't.

I tried tracking down what is shareable but it appears there are several versions of Art Set and after 10 minutes I figured I had too little information and/or it wasn't going to say exactly, and gave up, sorry. :-)

In-App Purchase Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.