You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my MacBook Pro connect with my printer that it did in the past. Have new Modem with Cox

Why won't my MacBook Pro connect with my Hp 4520 Printer. It did in the past until I got a New Cox Modem in 9/22. I have been in contact with HP, Cox and nothing is wrong on their end. This is an Apple problem and I would like it to be fixed. The printer is set up on the WiFi and works with an Apple Phone. Please help and fix the Problem.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 1:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 2:05 PM

Hi,

Is this an HP ENVY 4520 All-In-One Printer or HP ENVY 4520 e-All-In-One Printer series printer. If so, it is supported by the driverless AirPrint technology (About AirPrint - Apple Support), and can be used without an additional driver, provided that the printer and the MacBook Pro are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

Try this: Check that the Wi-Fi router settings are OK. Next, power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, the iPhone, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Power on the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

If necessary, try resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer (to use AirPrint)?

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2022 2:05 PM in response to AppleHelp927

Hi,

Is this an HP ENVY 4520 All-In-One Printer or HP ENVY 4520 e-All-In-One Printer series printer. If so, it is supported by the driverless AirPrint technology (About AirPrint - Apple Support), and can be used without an additional driver, provided that the printer and the MacBook Pro are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

Try this: Check that the Wi-Fi router settings are OK. Next, power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, the iPhone, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Power on the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

If necessary, try resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer (to use AirPrint)?

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Why won't my MacBook Pro connect with my printer that it did in the past. Have new Modem with Cox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.